Thursday, October 18, 2012

Life Lately

Well it's been over a month since the last time I wrote! I definitely have been thinking about different things to post about but just haven't ever sat down to write them down so this post is going to be a little mix of everything.
Brayden and I are now officially back in Idaho and we are loving our new apartment. It is a definite upgrade to our first apartment we lived in up here. Brayden is working hard in his classes and currently has held onto all A's. So proud of him! Since it was a bit of a last minute decision to move back up here it was a little hard to find a full time teaching job so for now I am working part time as a Title 1 paraprofessional. This means I go into classrooms and work with students who are a little behind and need some extra help. So far I've enjoyed it and am starting to get to know the students I work with better. I am hoping that it will turn into something more full time but for now it has been awesome to have so much time to prepare and cook dinner and get other things done around the house.
 I feel like Brayden has appreciated my extra time as well because I have cooked a lot better meals than when we were first married. haha I am absolutely LOVING the "Our Best Bites, Mormon Moms in the Kitchen" cookbook that I got from our wedding. Every recipe that I have tried has turned out great! One that Brayden had been wanting me try was the chicken cordon bleu. I finally made it a couple weeks ago and it was delicious!

 Some of our other favorites from Our Best Bites are the Alfredo Artichoke Chicken Pasta Bake and the French Dip Sandwiches.

One day when I was blog hopping I saw a recipe for peanut butter cookies. What caught my eye about this recipe was that it was 3 ingredients. SO EASY! It's always nice to have some easy recipes especially when you are having a sweet tooth. 

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
this makes about one dozen cookies 
 

Directions:
Mix ingredients together

Roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet

Dip fork into sugar (so the fork doesn't stick to the dough) and smash the cookies like so

Cook on 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes  

Let cool....
For only being 3 ingredients they turned out great and really satisfied my sweet tooth for that evening.

In other news, we have a new niece! She is soooo adorable! We got to meet her this past weekend and I can't wait to see her again.
Beautiful Mariah Rose

4 comments:

  1. I love the Our Best Bites Cookbook too! I go on their website all the time for recipes too. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cookbook! Make the baby back ribs, they are INCREDIBLE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the update! the food looks yum. and little mariah says she misses you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are having fun in the kitchen now that you aren't in school and working or student teaching. I'll look forward to being your guest for dinner sometime!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete