Saturday, July 28, 2012

Georgia Part 1

Brayden and I are currently in Atlanta, Georgia! His parents own a condo out here because his Dad has to fly out for work here every week. The rest of his family come in the next couple days. So far our Georgia experience has been great! Today was our first full day here. We started the day off by relaxing by the pool. We got our tan on and then went for a quick dip in the pool. After we cleaned up and ate some lunch we headed to Ritas. I had heard many stories from the Allen family of this place so I was excited to try it. Brayden had discovered this place on his mission in D.C. Ritas is famous for their Italian ice and custard. We all got the "Gelati". This is where the put some custard in the bottom of the cup, then some italian ice, and then a scoop of custard on top. Mmmmm, it was so delicous!
I got the vanilla custard with cookies n' creme italian ice. Brayden got the stawberry custard with strawberry italian ice. pic After Ritas my father-in-law drove us around the Atlanta area. We went around town and did a little car tour while of course doing some people watching. Georgia has some fun people to watch. After our car tour we headed home to clean up and get ready to go out to dinner at Maggianos. I was introduced to this amazing place quite a few years ago when I visited my sister Niki in Minnesota. I had very fond memories of delicious food and so I was hoping I wouldn't be disappointed as well as not disappoint Brayden and my father-in-law. I am happy to say that we were not disappointed and left feeling very satisfied. Brayden and I both got the chicken and spinach manicotti. Yummmmm! I even have left overs for tomorrow!
If you ever have the chance to eat at Ritas or Maggianos then GO! You won't be disappointed! Now we are off to go running and work off our delicious day of food!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm glad I live nowhere near a Rita's. I don't even want to tempt myself with that! :) Looks like you kids are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete